February 2017 Start!
Are you an ardent communicator? Do you have a strong interest in, and knowledge of, traditional and online media platforms? Most importantly, are you passionate about the music industry? If you love all kinds of music, have a great knowledge of the local scene and possess some killer communication skills, then we want to hear from you…
Hot Off The Press Publicity is a specialist music industry and lifestyle PR firm based in Docklands, Victoria. We work nationally with some of the biggest names in the Australian and New Zealand music industry; promoting gigs, releases, festivals and events. We are passionate about the work we do and strive to provide the best possible outcome for our clients at all times.
We are looking to expand our close-knit team in the New Year. You will be working on exciting campaigns and actively engaging media on a national level. You will need to be highly organised and have the ability to take on miscellaneous general responsibilities on a day-to-day basis. You must be driven and able to work as part of a small team as well as autonomously.
The role's responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with domestic and national media
- Maintaining excellent working relations with media, including local and national newspapers, magazines, radio, television and online
- Composing press releases and other editorial (as required)
- Developing unique and outstanding campaign strategies
- Creation of campaign assets and ongoing management
- Generating traction online within social media platforms
- Scheduling interviews, story pitching, development and meeting deadlines
- Compiling reports
- Maintaining media databases
- Other duties as set, including administration
The ideal applicant must meet the following selection criteria:
- Excellent communication skills & attention to detail
- Professional phone manner & excellent computer skills
- An understanding of the media and its structures
- Professional writing skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised & have a proactive attitude
- Previously mentored staff
- Ability prioritise and work across multiple campaigns
- A desire to work long term in the music industry
- Min. 4+ years previous paid publicity experience
- Proven success in achieving results
This role is permanent part-time. It is not a junior or entry-level position.
This role will commence in February 2017.
Applicants who do not illustrate the above criteria will not be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone enquiries.
[Applications without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered]
We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our company, please visit www.hotoffthepress.com.au