To develop the professional and artistic skills of its songwriter members, APRA AMCOS, in partnership with Creative Victoria, is seeking a Project Manager to assist with the creation of The Melbourne Sessions, a premier event for emerging and early career songwriters and composers.
Launching as a one-day event in July 2018, The Melbourne Sessions will begin with an overview of the bigger picture before scaling down to deliver insightful and engaging sessions that enhance the creative output of Victorian songwriters and composers. The role will ensure the successful delivery of the one day event in consultation with a local music industry advisory group.
APRA AMCOS is a key business partner to Australian music creators. We have more than 90,000 members who are songwriters, composers and music publishers. We license organisations to play, perform, copy or record our members’ music, and we distribute the royalties to our members.
The role's responsibilities will include:
• Successful delivery of a series of panels and workshops for a one day event in July 2018 – The Melbourne Sessions
• Supervise all Production and Registration elements of the event
• Venue and speaker liaison – workshops and conference
• Manage budget
• Work closely with Communications department on branding, design, script writing and promotion
• Manage WHS
• Manage onsite staff
• Work in conjunction with APRA AMCOS Event Manager to manage relationships with internal content committee and external Melbourne Advisory group
• Assist the Event Manager in relation to other matters or projects related to this initiative as required
The ideal applicant must meet the following selection criteria:
• Post Graduate study would be preferable but not essential
• Melbourne based candidates only
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project or Event Management required at a mid-range level
• Demonstrate strong planning, budgeting and people management skills
• Proficient in planning and good eye for detail
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work efficiently within a team
• Adaptability due to the changing nature of events
• Strength in problem solving particularly in stressful situations
• Strong financial management skills
All APRA AMCOS staff are expected to:
• Conduct themselves in a way that is aligned with our stated Brand Purpose, Values and Personality.
• Comply with all company policies including the requirements of the Employee Code of Conduct and the Collecting Society Code of Conduct to which APRA AMCOS is a signatory.
• Work with, develop positive relationships with, communicate with and coordinate activities with other employees and management.
• Present a professional image and be professional in all dealings with staff and external business contacts.
This role will commence with an initial briefing in September 2017. There is flexibility on start date as the salary is a contract position to deliver the project in July 2018 with an August 2018 completion. Salary $55,000 + superannuation.
If your skills and abilities suit the role and you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter outlining your experience in relation to the criteria and CV to Narelle Butterworth [email protected] by close of business Friday 30 June, 2017.
Applications without a cover letter and resume or that are received after the closing date will not be considered.
APRA AMCOS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. For more information about our company, please visit apraamcos.com.au